Thursday, November 4, 2010

Pork Tenderloin with Coconut Rice


Pork Tenderloin (I use 2 tenderloins that I bought at Costco in a package with 4)
From: Jodie Stratford
2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. cinnamon
Mix together on a plate.

Coat each side of the pork tenderloin in the spice mixture above. Place some oil in a oven-safe pot (I use my LE CREUSET) on the stove and brown all sides of the pork. (Maybe 1-2 minutes on each side)

Cover pork with 1 cup brown sugar, 3-4 minced cloves of garlic, 1 Tbs. tabasco and place pork in oven and cook for about 22 minutes at 375°F. Pork should be about 145 degrees when taken out of the oven and after letting it rest for 10 minutes it should reach 155 degrees.

Slice and serve with some of the sauce from the pan on the meat and rice.

Coconut Rice
I use Jasmine Rice and I rinse it off so it is not quite so sticky.
1 1/2 cups of rice
2 cups of water
13 oz can of Coconut Milk
1 cup sugar

Mix liquid, sugar and rice in a pan. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer and place lid on pan. Let cook until rice is tender - about 30+ minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment