Thursday, November 11, 2010

Rhubarb Raspberry Cobbler


I LOVE rhubarb! I love rhubarb pies but have never tried rhubarb cobbler. I had some raspberries from Missy's garden so thought, why not mix rhubarb with the raspberries. I kind of made up this recipe but I thought it turned out really well.
From: Joan Morris
2 c. diced fresh rhubarb
1 c. sugar
2 T butter
1/2 of a lemon, juiced
2 c. fresh raspberries
Directions
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 9 pan. In a saucepan, combine the rhubarb, 1 c. sugar, and 2 T butter and lemon juice. Stir and cook until a syrup begins to form and the rhubarb starts to soften, about 6-7 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the fresh raspberries. Sprinkle with crumb topping.
Crumb topping
1 1/2 c. sugar
2 c. flour
1 c. butter
Mix together with pastry blender.
Bake for 40 minutes or until topping turns golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment